Banks halted on exchanges, Silicon Valley Bank now closed by California regulators
- Signature bank halted after dropping a record 22%, while 30% down in the past five days.
- Other banks have been halted, including First Republic and SIVB.
- SIVB is down 60%; these three banks have combined nearly $500 billion in deposits.
- SIVB fundraising has so far failed, with deposit outflows outpacing the sale process.
- SVIB now closed by California regulators
- First Republic announced a capital raise of $125 million, share price continues to collapse.
- The two-year treasury yield is down 45bps from yesterday’s high, which is the biggest two-day drop since Lehman (2008)
The post Banks halted on exchanges, Silicon Valley Bank now closed by California regulators appeared first on CryptoSlate.